Teacher Externship Program
Preparing Maryland’s future workforce by connecting educators and business
Workforce developement program for high school educators and businesses
The Maryland Chamber Foundation’s Teacher Externship Program is a unique workforce development program that pairs high school educators with leading businesses from across the state, equipping them with invaluable experiences and insights to prepare their students for in-demand careers and industries.
About the Maryland Chamber Foundation's Teacher Externship Program
Through the Maryland Chamber Foundation's four-week Teacher Externship Program, top Maryland companies host high school educators, providing them with hands-on experiences and insight into Maryland's leading businesses and their talent needs. Educators learn about in-demand skills and a variety of job opportunities, taking what they learn back to the classroom to spark their students' interests about the promising careers and futures that await them.
Participating companies build relationships with educators, raise awareness about their industry, and showcase jobs and career pathways that await students. Externships take place during the summer months, typically beginning in July. Learn more
Applications for the Teacher Externship are Open through Jan. 7, 2024
Maryland high school teachers and career counselors are invited to apply for the 2024 Teacher Externship Program.
PROGRAM DETAILS for TEACHER EXTERNS
Connecting classrooms to careers
- Join leading Maryland businesses for a transformative four-week Teacher Externship program.
- Gain invaluable hands-on experience in industries aligned with your teaching subjects.
- Empower your students, families, colleagues, and communities by sharing insights on career paths, innovative businesses, and in-demand skills via lesson plans, field trips and more.
- Receive a stipend from the Maryland Chamber Foundation for your work.
- Earn up to 4 continuing development credits through MSDE by creating a post-externship lesson plan and reporting on its impact.
PROGRAM DETAILS for HOST COMPANIES
Shape the future workforce
- Provide an immersive four week experience where educators work alongside your team to gain insider knowledge of your industry, jobs and how to prepare students for careers.
- Share your expertise on workforce needs, industry trends and skills critical for success.
- Establish connections with influential teachers who can spread the word about your company and industry, along with the in-demand careers and benefits you offer.
- Through this rewarding program, you'll play an active role in developing talent by bridging building bridges between classrooms and careers.