Health Care & Biopharma
Our policy focus on health care and biopharma issues for Maryland
Our focus: Health Care & Biopharma
We believe in meaningful health care reform that allows employers to best meet the needs of their employees. We oppose mandated health benefit demands, as well as regulatory oversight and requirements. We also address issues in legislative interaction in the pharmacological discovery and development processes.
Key Issues Include
- Potential modifications to Maryland’s health care delivery and financing systems resulting from federal health care law changes
- Additional mandated benefit demands
- Unnecessary and onerous restrictions on pharmacological research and development
Related Policy Priorities & Anticipated Issues for 2024
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Availability: We are sensitive to the concerns regarding cost and availability of prescription drugs and are supportive of developing comprehensive, long-term solutions to help slow the ever-increasing costs of health care in Maryland and to promote public policies that will help improve the overall health and well-being of Maryland’s citizens and our employees. Maintaining a viable health insurance market with affordable and accessible pharmaceuticals is essential to making Maryland a competitive place to do business.
- Drug Dispensing Fees: We oppose the adoption of state mandated pharmaceutical dispensing fees on private employer drug benefit plans. These fees enhance neither the quality nor availability of healthcare services in Maryland but instead drive up the cost of healthcare for Maryland’s employers and employees.
- Employee Development: We support workforce development initiatives that help produce qualified employees for Maryland’s ever increasing healthcare demands. A well-trained healthcare workforce is critical to ensuring the health and well-being of patients.
All 2024 Legislative Priorities & Critical Issues
Get an in-depth look at the pressing issues and legislative priorities we've identified for the 2024 Legislative Session.
Join our Health Care & Biopharma Policy Committee
Our Health Care & Biopharma policy committee covers all healthcare issues, focusing on controlling costs, streamlining regulations, and supporting innovation in Maryland's robust life sciences industry. This committee meets during legislative session as needed. Meetings are held remotely via video conferencing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Every day in Maryland, legislation is introduced that impacts businesses like yours. Without your voice, expertise, and experience at the table, policies can be enacted that hurt your bottom line.
Take action now to influence Maryland's policy landscape. Sign up for the Maryland Chamber's legislative Action Alerts.
Stay up to date with our members-only Bill Tracker during session. Get concise bill summaries, anticipated positions, and more. Our 2024 Bill Tracker will be available soon after the start of the 2024 Legislative Session.