Business Regulations & Operations
Our policy focus on legislative and regulatory issues for Maryland businesses
Our focus: Business Regulations & Operations
We address regulatory issues affecting daily operational activities and support legislation that allows market force principles to work in the state’s economy.
Key Issues Include
- Modifications to corporations and associations law (by-laws, board of directors' structure/authority)
- Regulatory expansion over general business practices
Related Policy Priorities & Anticipated Issues for 2024
- Regulatory Reform: Regulatory reform remains an important component to attracting and retaining businesses. It is critically important that the administration continue to remove red tape and job-killing regulations.
- Procurement Reform: Comprehensive procurement reform is necessary to address a system that is notoriously cumbersome and often leads to a lack of competition among service providers. To provide consistency and uniformity in the procurement process across all levels of government, we support state procurement mirroring federal procurement laws when possible.
- Antitrust: We oppose changes to state antitrust laws and regulations, such as new premerger notification requirements and changes to pro-competitive mergers and acquisitions, that would place Maryland businesses at a competitive disadvantage to those in other states.
All 2024 Legislative Priorities & Critical Issues
Get an in-depth look at the pressing issues and legislative priorities we've identified for the 2024 Legislative Session.
Join our Business Regulations & Operations Policy Committee
Our Business Regulations & Operations policy committee focuses on legislative and regulatory issues that affect the daily operational activities of businesses across the state. This committee meets during the Maryland General Assembly Legislative Session as needed. Meetings are held remotely via video conferencing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Every day in Maryland, legislation is introduced that impacts businesses like yours. Without your voice, expertise, and experience at the table, policies can be enacted that hurt your bottom line.
Take action now to influence Maryland's policy landscape. Sign up for the Maryland Chamber's legislative Action Alerts.
Stay up to date with our members-only Bill Tracker during session. Get concise bill summaries, anticipated positions, and more. Our 2024 Bill Tracker will be available soon after the start of the 2024 Legislative Session.
- Maryland Division of State Documents — View online versions of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) and the Maryland Register
- Maryland Department of Labor — Overview of labor laws and regulations
- Maryland Manual Online — Summary of business and occupational regulations
- Maryland Secretary of State — Resources for businesses on certifications, trademarks, registration and more
- Maryland Business Express — Find resources to help plan, start, manage and grow your business
- Maryland Economic Council — Background information on the newly formed Maryland Economic Council