Cyber & Technology
Our policy focus on cyber and technology issues for Maryland businesses
Our focus: Cyber & Technology
The fields of cyber and technology are important and growing sectors of Maryland’s economy. We support the development of policies that encourage and facilitate growth, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Key Issues Include
- Data privacy and net neutrality
- Industry investment tax credits
- 5G and small cell regulations
Related Policy Priorities & Anticipated Issues for 2024
- Broadband Expansion and Connectivity: We support policies that encourage and remove barriers to the continued deployment of broadband technology, including 5G, throughout the state. We also support policies that ensure any expansion process is transparent and competitive to ensure equitable access to all parties.
- Net Neutrality: We closely monitor any policy that would reinstate rolled-back federal regulations on the internet that creates challenges and inconsistencies for businesses that work across state lines.
- Artificial Intelligence: Policymakers and business leaders must work together to develop a balanced and flexible regulatory framework that allows companies the freedom to utilize AI in a positive and ethical manner. It is vital to foster innovation while safeguarding privacy and ensuring fair competition.
All 2024 Legislative Priorities & Critical Issues
Get an in-depth look at the pressing issues and legislative priorities we've identified for the 2024 Legislative Session.
Join our Cyber & Technology Policy Committee
Our Cyber & Technology policy committee covers issues related to growing and retaining biotechnology, cybersecurity, and other high-tech business innovators, including a focus on industry infrastructure needs. This committee meets during the Maryland General Assembly’s Legislative Session every Friday at 10:30 a.m. Meetings are held remotely via video conferencing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for Action Alerts
Every day in Maryland, legislation is introduced that impacts businesses like yours. Without your voice, expertise, and experience at the table, policies can be enacted that hurt your bottom line.
Take action now to influence Maryland's policy landscape. Sign up for the Maryland Chamber's legislative Action Alerts.
Stay up to date with our members-only Bill Tracker during session. Get concise bill summaries, anticipated positions, and more. Our 2024 Bill Tracker will be available soon after the start of the 2024 Legislative Session.