Seeking Host Companies and Educators for the 2024 Teacher Externship Program
Nov 6, 2023
The Maryland Chamber Foundation is excited to announce that applications are now open for our 2024 Teacher Externship Program!
This unique four-week summer program builds a bridge between educators and top Maryland businesses, empowering students with knowledge on future careers. The Teacher Externship Program provides high school teachers and counselors with hands-on professional experiences at leading businesses across Maryland. Teacher Externs gain insight into in-demand skills, career opportunities, and the talent needs of our state's employers. They take this valuable knowledge back to the classroom to inspire students and prepare them for promising futures.
Calling all educators — Apply to be a 2024 Teacher Extern
Applications are now open for Maryland high school educators interested in joining leading Maryland businesses for a transformative four-week summer externship program. Apply by Jan. 7, 2024, for an opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in industries aligned with your teaching subjects.
- Empower your students by sharing insights on career paths, businesses, and skills needed for success.
- Receive a stipend and up to 4 continuing education credits.
Calling all businesses — Help shape our future workforce
Build relationships with educators, raise awareness about your industry, and showcase jobs and career pathways that await students by participating as a host company for the 2024 Teacher Externship Program. Host companies have opportunities to:
- Provide an immersive four week experience where educators work alongside your team to gain insider knowledge of your industry, jobs and how to prepare students for careers.
- Share your expertise on workforce needs, industry trends and skills critical for success.
- Establish connections with influential teachers who can spread the word about your company and industry, along with the in-demand careers and benefits you offer.
- Pay an active role in developing talent by bridging building bridges between classrooms and careers.
Externships take place during the summer months, typically beginning in July.
Why Get Involved?
Hear directly from some of our 2023 Teacher Externs and their host companies about the immense value of this experience for their students:
Learn More and Get Involved
Learn more about the Teacher Externship Program and how educators and businesses can get involved for summer 2024! Visit our Teacher Externship Program webpage for more information.