Nominations Open for the 2024 Rising Star Award and Community Impact Award
Feb 2, 2024
Nominate Exceptional Young Professionals for the 2024 Rising Star Award and Community-Minded Businesses for the Inaugural Community Impact Award
The Rising Star Award honors outstanding young professionals, 40 years of age or younger, who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, innovation and dedication in their careers, workplaces and communities. We seek 2024 nominees who embody key qualities that include:
- Strong leadership and initiative
- Dedication to their workplaces and communities
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Adaptability and innovation
- Upward career trajectories
- Personifying the future of Maryland business
Maryland Chamber of Commerce membership is not a prerequisite for Rising Star Award nominees. Self-nominations are welcome.
The new Community Impact Award, presented in partnership with Maryland Nonprofits, recognizes Maryland businesses that embody an overall spirit of community service through contributions of time, leadership, resources and/or funding in support of local nonprofits and the communities they serve. Ideal nominees should demonstrate:
- An unwavering commitment to community service and impact
- Contributions of funding, resources and/or volunteer hours
- Unique initiatives and partnerships supporting local nonprofits
- Efforts that profoundly and positively influence Maryland communities
Eligibility for the Community Impact Award is exclusive to for-profit businesses and organizations operating in Maryland. Nominees should be active members of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
Award winners will be notified by early April and will be recognized at the Maryland Chamber’s annual Inspire MD event on May 9.
Nominations will be accepted now through March 3, 2024.
Inspire MD 2024
In addition to recognizing the 2024 Rising Star and Community Impact Awardees, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce will induct one new individual into the Maryland Business Hall of Fame as well as present one individual with the Public Service Award for their contributions to advancing Maryland’s economy and quality of life at the Inspire MD event.