Charting Maryland’s Economic Growth: Meet the State 2024 Features Top Leaders and Policy Discussions
Jan 15, 2024
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — The Maryland Chamber of Commerce is pleased to share the final lineup of speakers and policy panels for the sold out Meet the State 2024 — an exclusive early-session gathering that will delve into Maryland's Economic Competitiveness and address the critical policy initiatives required to strengthen the state's economy, competitiveness, and business community.
During the event, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce will unveil the 2024 Competitiveness Redbook, sharing up-to-date findings and trends in areas such as population, workforce, business friendliness, and other areas shaping our state. Attendees will all receive copies of the24 publication and insights.
What: Meet the State: Charting Maryland's Economic Growth
When: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, 9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Where: The Governor Calvert House, 58 State Circle, Annapolis, MD
Speakers: Featuring keynote addresses from state government and economic leaders, including Tom Barkin, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond; Eric Luedtke, Chief Legislative Officer; and Signe Pringle, Deputy Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce.
Dive into pressing issues with our interactive policy panels on transportation, AI, workforce development and more.
Transportation Panel, moderated by Patricia Swanson, Government Affairs Director, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, and featuring:
- Senator Bill Ferguson, Senate President for Maryland
- Senator Steve Hershey, Senate Minority Leader
- Delegate Marc Korman, Chair of Environment and Transportation Committee
- Jake Cashion, Vice President of Government Affairs with North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
Artificial Intelligence Panel, moderated by Allison Taylor, Director of Government Relations, Kaiser Permanente and featuring:
- James Hayes, Senior Vice President of Global Government Affairs at Tenable
- Joshua Jackson, Founding Board Member of the AI Association
- Nishant Shah, Senior Advisor for Responsible AI, State of Maryland
Labor and Workforce Development Panel, moderated by Erin Appel, Vice President of External Affairs, UnitedHealthcare, and featuring:
- Brian Cavey, Chairman of Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Council
- Dr. Marquita Davis, CAO of KinderCare Learning Companies
- Walter Simmons, President and CEO of Employ Prince George’s Incorporated
Meet the State is made possible by our generous supporters, including presenting sponsor Amazon; Platinum Sponsors CareFirst, Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare; Reception Sponsor Giant; Gold Sponsor Wes Banco; Silver Sponsors Employ Prince George’s, Maryland Realtors and United Bank; as well as Supporting Sponsors Maryland Farm Bureau and Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce.
# # #
About the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
The Maryland Chamber of Commerce is the only statewide business advocacy organization and the leading voice for business in the state. Together with their 6,800+ members, they form a statewide coalition that is committed to ensuring that Maryland is attracting and retaining quality jobs, developing vibrant, sustainable communities and staying at the forefront of global competitiveness and economic prosperity.