Small Business Grant Opportunities for Maryland Businesses
May 10, 2021
Looking for grants and incentives that may be helpful to your business? Explore these resources below:
- The Maryland Department of Commerce offers a searchable database of financial incentives for businesses.
- TEDCO (Maryland Technology Development Corporation) provides entrepreneurial business assistance and seed funding for the development of startup companies in Maryland through a variety of programs.
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are highly competitive programs that encourage domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development with the potential for commercialization. Being in close proximity to the federal government, many Maryland businesses take advantage of these programs.
- County, University, Venture Capitalist and more — The Maryland Entrepreneur Hub provides a comprehensive list of various funding opportunities for Maryland entrepreneurs to pursue.
- BGE Energizing Small Business Grants — BGE has pledged $15 million to assist Maryland's small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. Eligible businesses located in BGE's service area can apply for BGE Energizing Small Business Grants of $20,000. This grant program is part of BGE's comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the pandemic.